Keep fresh pasta frozen until use.
Cooking the Pasta – Bring 4-6 Quarts of water to boil. Add salt. Place pasta in water (add Ravioli/Pierogi gently to protect them from bursting). Stir cut pasta gently with a pasta fork to separate. Bring to second boil. Reduce heat to slow boil. Stir occasionally. Wait until the pasta floats then see below for approximate cooking times:
- Cut Pasta – Fettuccine/Linguini – 2-4 Minutes
- Ravioli – 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove Ravioli with a slotted spoon, sauce & serve. Do not dump the ravioli into a colander to prevent them from bursting.
- Pierogi - Same as ravioli but after boiling saute in butter or olive oil until dough is crispy
- Sauces can be microwaved in the container they are sold in or placed in a small pot and warmed up prior to serving.
- Gnocchi – Drop into boiling water and cook 3-4 minutes until they float
Saucing the Pasta – We suggest you add the pasta to the pot of sauce instead of dumping the sauce on top of the pasta to serve. This will ensure all of the pasta is coated properly with the sauce.
- Baked Pastas can be put directly into the oven in the foil containers. Bake for 75-90 minutes at 375 degrees. Broil for 1-2 minutes on low watching carefully to finish cooking. Do not place the foil containers in the microwave.